Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two Slot is on the Ropes

A call came through on the Piper land line from Cramer.

"Geno!"

"Cramer."

"I need some help pal."

"You bet. What can I do for you?"

"Schnitchel your $250 target on Apple Gene."

" Huh?"

"I told Cramerica to dump 75% of their Apple stock."

"You did what?"

"Just before Apple's annual lovefest. You probably saw it."

"Uh, I don't watch your show . . . ."

"There was too much hype about the iPhone! Now the stock is bouncing, so yesterday I had to use the Job's health scare nonsense. It didn't work! The stock went up. You gotta help me. I'm looking like, BAD, on that call."

"Geez Jim, I dunno. $250 might actually be low . . . did you see all those countries Apple will be selling into? GPS. Push mail. Everybody in the office wants one."

"I need some advice Gene. You have NO IDEA, NO IDEA."

"You're right. I don't. Good luck Jim."

1 comment:

Don said...

I find it funny that right before he made this recent call, he ran a show that talked about his first "miss" with Apple, when it was back at 25. He bought and then sold right away and didn't capture any gain on the run up it has after that. He talked about iPods as a fashion accessory, etc.

The point was that you should never turn an investment into a trade...

How funny is it that he's telling everyone on his list to do exactly that... and failing miserably.

Jim.

repeat after me, "Buy, buy, buy."

Don't say sell until Apple has 50% of the computer market. Everything else is gravy.

-Don